So yep, I'm an old married woman.
It would be way too hard to explain the entire day, but I'll try to give a small play-by-play... I got up early and met with some of my bridesmaids to have our hair done at Studio 413 (Phil. 4:13). She did my hair into this curly half up, half down do. I got back, and played the hiding game from Nate. The bridesmaids and I went down to the cabin and took pictures --- it rained for about a minute (they say rain on your wedding is a blessing, well I was blessed that it only lasted for 1 minute!). My dear friends Amy and Aimee did my make-up, I actually wore eye liner stuff, it was scary. Then before you know it the wedding was there.
The doctors let my dad out of the hospital for the wedding, so when I saw him I started crying. That could pretty much epitomize the wedding! I cried when he gave me away, I cried down the aisle, and cried through the vows. Luckily my non-waterproof mascara held! Long live Shiseido. The ceremony in itself was quite nice. It was very hot, but my sister and brother sounded pretty in song, my old roommate read a Bible verse very eloquently, and a strong gust of wind took down some flowers (I laughed quite a bit, thankfully I finally stopped crying at that point).
Yay, I was Mrs. Ramquist. We took pictures with everyone together, then headed up to the reception. It was slightly disorganized, and my Dad did a bit of drugged preaching, but the food was tremendous. I really enjoyed seeing all of my friends and family, and meeting most of Nate's. It was such a whirlwind. I wanted to stop and talk to everyone, but there were just too many people!
We took off for the hotel about an hour early, and had a great night. Fun comment: we ran into one of my friends from High School at the hotel. Saw her checking in, and then when we ate breakfast in the morning.... you can't hide from anyone in Central Illinois!
I'll try to summarize the honeymoon later.... but thanks to everyone who came to the wedding!!! It was a very emotional and memorable day for me, and hopefully fun for you too.
Love ya, Steph R.
1 comment:
I heard that the blessing of rain on your wedding day is fertility...one for every minute it rains!! The rain definetely lasted for ten minutes. Hmmm...
Post a Comment