Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It's December

In honor of December 1st, I'll post a few pics of our house, decorated for Christmas! And I'll even throw in a few pictures of what we did today. It was a very cold and blustery day, perfect for baking cookies, decorating a tree, and even going outside for a (very) short time.


The first house I've ever lived in with Christmas lights! Hurrah!


Decorated (kind-of. I didn't realize how few decorations I had until I had a whole house to decorate!) And yes, those tree lights are blue because blue is Elena's favorite color.


Trying out the new snow suit. Elena was warm and ready to keep going. Mommy was ready to head in in about five minutes!


Sand box! Except that everything was frozen solid, including the toys and the sand.

And, in a video that only a mother (or maybe a grandma) could love. Elena, helping to make cookies:




My very first attempt at cooking peanut butter cup Christmas cookies without Mom's help. I made the balls a little big on the first batch, so they turned out a little bit funny.


But that's okay, because we get to keep these ones at home to eat ourselves : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Officially in double digits! Under 100 days!

Looks like the cookies worked out...I'm hoping a few will make their way to BFS today on your way to having Mary watch your child...

Greg

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm neither a mother, nor a grandmother, but I thought that was just lovely! Shivering regards from Stuttgart - Anne

Anonymous said...

What a future homemaker!!!

Jess P said...

She is so cute! "Mommy do it" haha Kiss at the end was adorable!