Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year

It's my first post of the New Year. I'm hungry. Some things never change.

I am back at work, back to the daily grind, the never ending plague on my life. Sorry, I'll try to be more positive.

I had a very lovely Christmas. I can't really remember all of what I received, although it was a lot. A few standouts: a green sweater, an "Incredibles" mug, the fixings for peppermint hot chocolate, perfume, vanilla lotion, a brush, a wok (thanks Sheila!), climbing gear, down comforter.... etc, etc.... I definitely enjoy giving much more than receiving. I like the new stuff, but I really like watching people's faces when they get a great gift.

The surprise anniversary trip for my parents turned out to be highly excellent. They didn't know where we were going until the last second... highlights from that trip have to be Kent Ramquist asking my Dad about religion (ugh!), walking around downtown Chicago at night with Mom, Greg, and Sheila, and watching the dolphin show with Katy. Oh, and public transportation with all seven of us definitely could have made Funniest Home Videos. My family has issues with public transportation. In France we halted the metro while all seven of us tried to get off at a stop, complete with seven huge bags and our own sizeable frames. Dad was yanking bags out of the doors while angry French people gave us the evil eye. Hee hee. I like the idea of annoying French people.

I think eventually I'll get around to posting something meaningful, or maybe my opinion on some world issue. But for now, this was a small part of my Christmas vacation... it was great, I didn't want to leave, but here I am..... slacking off at work again.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Actually the funnies part was when Kent Ramquist told Mom that he started off as a Buddist and Mom said, "Oh really?" Hee Hee Hee!

Sheila said...

Wow...a wok...what a wonderful work of art!!! That was a lot of wwwww's!!! Love ya Stephi