Friday, December 01, 2006

More Complaints


Sorry to all who have been longing for a post... I don't have a good excuse.

Life has been good. My brother was married over Thanksgiving weekend. He's the guy behind the girl in the green dress (right side). The girl in the green dress is Mary, his wife (now).

Today was interesting. I had an injection into my eye of this drug called Avastin. It is supposed to dry up the blood vessel that is bleeding in my eye. They first numbed my eye, then painted my face with iodine, numbed it again (this time with a needle), and then injected the drug into my eye. It didn't hurt, I just felt pressure. But it wasn't exactly what I would have called a great time.

Now it is pretty uncomfortable. I have to make sure I put these various eye drops in it every four hours (something medicated, and some saline). Then on Monday I have a check-up to make sure everything is okay.

As for now, I'm tired... we just got back from playing Texas Hold 'Em poker with Jeff and Abby and I lost... badly... I'm always the first one out!!! Tomorrow we're planning to go and get our Christmas tree and it's actually supposed to be cold here. Let it Snow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Always love to read your blog. Glad that experience is behind you. If you have to do it again, you will be a pro. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Texus holdum huh?? Hope you're doing well, or better... give me a call some time
LD

Anonymous said...

Shots in the eyes sound terrible. I am with your Mom, glad that experience is behind you. Sure hope and pray you see some improvement from it. Love,Christy