Monday, February 25, 2008

Pain

Nate and I went on a 24 mile (40km) bike ride yesterday. We biked from our house, along the Neckar river, until we came to a town called Marbach. Marbach is the end of the S-bahn line in that area, so we took the S-bahn back into town.

It was so great to be outside in the sun. It was cool, but warm enough to wear a long sleeved shirt and vest and be the perfect temperature while biking. The worst part about this trail was that there were SO many people. I think Neckar Park and the trail along the rest of the Neckar are a very popular place for people to take walks, bike with family, etc. on a sunny day. Needless to say, I don't think we'll be doing this trail again on a weekend!

Nate taking a break.

The hills along the Neckar are full of wineries. In fact, we saw signs advertising this as a wine trail. Sooo, I think you all know where we will be headed come next fall!

Waiting at the S-bahn.

I bought a book this weekend that gives about 40 bike trails around Stuttgart. This trip was just one of them. We are going to try and do a trail every weekend until June comes (and the Triathlon!). I'm not sure if I mentioned that Nate is going to complete the entire Tremont Triathlon by himself and I am part of a fabulous team made up of myself (swimming 0.25 miles), Mom (biking 12 miles), and Dad (running 3.1 miles). I am planning to do the swim and then bike along with Mom to keep her company. So, the training has started. Who knew that training could also be so much fun?!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steph,
It would be great if they let you bike along side me. I just don't know if that will be allowed or not. Maybe they would never notice. Thanks for your support. Love, Mom