Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 Months Old



Today is Elena's 2 Month Old Milestone. To commemorate this special event, I thought I would write a couple of stories (and, of course, upload yet another video of me talking in a high pitched voice).


First, a story about Elena and her Daddy. While Oma and Opa were visiting, Nate and I had to claw and scratch just to get a chance to hold our baby (just kidding, we were glad to let Oma and Oma give Elena some love); therefore, when the Grosseltern left, Elena didn't seem to remember that those two worn out people around her were her loving parents.

After a few days of getting back into the swing of things, I was holding Elena and Nate was goofing around with her, making her smile. He walked to the kitchen, and I watched, amazed, as Elena's head turned and eyes followed him. I started laughing and told Nate to come back. He did, and as he walked towards her, her eyes followed him. He then said something, I can't remember what, and she started smiling again. I think then both Nate (and I) realized that we were back to position Number 1. Too bad Oma!!!


Elena found her fingers this past week. When she wakes up from a nap, instead of immediately crying as before, she will start sucking on her hand. This is great news for me, as it gives me usually another ten minutes or so to get things done.

Elena is really growing up, lifting her head, having her eyes follow us around, having longer periods of "happy" time, and smiling all of the time. We are truely enjoying having her around. It already seems like she's been with us forever, despite it only being two months. Happy "Month Day" little sweetie.

2 comments:

Karen B.. said...

How precious!! I love to hear her talk and see her smile. Happy 2 month birthday, Elena. Grandma just had a birthday too. Love ya all, Grandma/Mom

Anonymous said...

Steph
Nice video - thanks!! What a Lovely Child!! Not getting much time to blogit lately - sorry... things a bit crazy - but I will catch up sometime.

Love Dad