Wednesday, October 29, 2014

June, 2014


Remember when?!


These kids are so adorable and sweet!  And I'm only mildly biased.


Nate and I stayed at a B&B in Washington, IL for our anniversary.  It was lovely!


Walkin' the dog!


June brought Annika's first class of any type.  She absolutely hated her gymnastics class.  When I asked her why, she replied, "because you're not there."


Turkey Festival 2014!  And the line for the turkey legs is never short.


But it is always worth it!


Checking out the fest with my chicas.


Little turkeys.


Spending a rainy day at the Riverfront museum.


We've really gotten our money's worth out of our membership.  The girls loved the Ripley's Believe it or Not exhibit!


Eeeeeeeeek!


Elena took swimming lessons in June, which gave Anni and I plenty of time to hang out in the Morton kiddie pool!


We headed to Iowa for Nate and Greg to run a 10k race and to visit cousin Christy and do a little camping!


The lovely Lake Wappelo.


The kids had a blast swimming in their clothes.


These two love each other so much!


Early morning wake-ups with my little babe.


And the race is on!


They both did really well!  


Always a favorite place to stop, Elena's fabulous Ice Cream Shop!


I just love these three!


With June came the start of the World Cup.


We moved our TV outside so we could enjoy the Cup action on our deck!


More "fun" at Morton Pool!


Aunt Katy comes to visit.


I promised Elena her own pretzel if she went all the way under the water.  Notice the wet hair!


Oma and Opa visited and joined in our World Cup fun!




Dinner on the deck!


And our ritual Rook and port on the deck!


Back out to the deck for more World Cup games.  As I write this in October, I really miss watching the games.  We had such a great time!


Greg called us randomly and asked if we wanted any sour cherries.  We did!  I got enough for one pie.


My friend Denise and I drove to meet our friend Sarah in Iowa.  Sarah drove up from her home in Texas to attend a family reunion in Iowa, and met us in Burlington.  We didn't want to miss the Chile World Cup game, so we kept tabs on our phones : )


Sadly, the reception in Iowa wasn't great!


The kids had a blast seeing each other again.


Silly kiddos.


And we three were thrilled to be reunited.


I wish I could go back in time to this day.  It truly was wonderful.


We explored downtown Burlington.  This was a wonderful book store!


I think they were supposed to be sad?


Maybe happy?!


Elena decided that she wanted to have a bake sale, so we sold lemonade and cookies to benefit St. Jude.


Aunt Stephie decided to score points and take the kids to see How to Train your Dragon 2.


Slip 'n Slide with Elena's friend, Afton.


Annika finally got rid of her pacifier.  We went to Build A Bear and put the paci inside of a stuffed Rainbow Dash.  I was amazed that she barely asked for the paci after that.  Her dentist showed me recently how badly the pacifier damaged her teeth.  Oops!  I should have done this much earlier!

1 comment:

Mary said...

For the record, in Max's prayers tonight when I asked him to think of 2 things to thank God for, he said, "And thank you God that I got to stay at Elena's house and watch How to Train Your Dragon 2 for the second time!" When I told him that was only one thing, he said, "But I've seen it twice!" :D Love looking back at these pictures!