Lately Nate and I have begun work (again) on our "preparation for marriage" books. Our latest endeavor was a chapter called communication. We had to fill out these "his" and "hers" sections. I had to fill in what I thought about a question, and then what I thought that Nate thinks. Hmmm, not sure if that makes sense.... for example... A question might have been "I think it is important that we do not throw large bricks at each other". My answer would have been "true", and what I thought that Nate would think would be.... well.... I hope "true".
We straggled through several pages of these questions, and finally tallied up our scores by comparing our trues and falses. We got 2 points if our answers matched, 1 points if 1 question matched, etc. Our grande score was 128/150, an 85.3%.... I wonder if this means that we are 85.3% effective when communicating with each other? Can communication really be put into numbers and percentages?
I don't know. But it sure is fun to watch a book attempt to turn you into "better" and "marriage quality" people. Don't get me wrong, I think that premarital counseling and reading marriage books are great things, but I tend to do a lot more learning by mistake. Let's hope that for the first time in my life I can learn before I fall. Maybe it will prove that I'm a big kid now.
2 comments:
As long as you fall forward Steph you'll be fine...
I love books to, but in the end I think most of us learn by doing! I am soooo looking forward to the wedding!!-Love-Beils
Post a Comment