Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Yodelaydee

Hello! I am back with yet another fascinating edition of Steph's blog...

I am getting married in 46 days.

Lately I have been thinking about life. Scary, I know. I have been feeling very unsatisfied. I wake up, go running or walking depending on my mood, shower, get dressed, go to work, go home and cook some food, eat, waste time in various ways, go to bed. What kind of life is that? I get very depressed thinking that my life can be reduced to pretty much the same thing every day. I feel as if I don't affect anyone, that I am not helping anyone, in general that I am pretty much useless as a human being. Not contributing to the universe, or even moving it slightly towards betterment.

Do you ever feel like all you ever do is buy groceries, consume them, and then go again?

I feel as if I need a better sense of purpose. What is the purpose to this job? I know that people must work, and live life for this old planet to keep on spinning, but I somehow just don't want to join in.

I seriously think that I need a more philanthropic type of job. I think I've rambled about this before, and how I'd like to join the Peace Corps. I'm not sure if the Peace Corps is really where I belong, but I need at least some type of weekend volunteer job before I go completely insane. All of the shopping and spending has really been getting to me.

On a happier note, I am very excited about the wedding. This weekend my brother is coming to visit me, and the next weekend I go home for my showers! Then time will run away from itself and soon I'll be standing on a hill, getting married. Just the beginning of another adventure, I hope!

Enuf for now. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on Steph, get a grip. this is life and you DO have an effect on people's life that you don't even. Of course, with a long face that will not have a good effect on anyone. SMILE!!!! I think it would be a good idea to get a job with less stress and then pick up a volunteer job that you and Nate could do together on the weekend. soup kitchen what ever. Love, Me

Sheila said...

I used to feel the same way, but I realized that I can and do make an effect on people anywhere. You CHOOSE to effect people whether in the peace corps or the office. I think that a less stressful job, that allows you time to dedicate to missions work in D.C. would make a big difference. But remember, you can make an effect even at Deliotte!! Luv-Sheila

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I believe you should work harder, get promoted, and make lots of money! You and Nate can invest it wisely and in a few years give away millions to the poor. Just because you are in the business community doesn't mean you are a sell out. We help pay the majority of taxes that pave the roads, educate our children, and provide the financial resources to the government that provides a saftey net for the poor and disadvantage.

Yes we need people in the peace core and mission workers but we also need worker bees too to pay all the bills.

I always look at life as that the glass is half full; not half empty. Look what you have and build upon that. You don't need always to go in another direction to have a positive change in people lives.

Love,

Uncle CPA