Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey Time!

Hello everyone! I am about 4 hours from my flight back to Washington D.C. In the meantime I am relaxing at the Ramquist household in Minnesota. I've had a great time this week. Earlier in the week Nate and I headed to Eagle River, Wisconsin to stay in a 5 BR chalet for free! It was so much fun. We did a whole lot being lazy, but also drove to Bond Falls in Michigan for some hiking. We went off-road and found our own trails in the snow. It was so beautiful. A few snowballs were thrown, but no one got hurt ; ) We also did a little bit of shopping in Eagle River. They had two chocolate shoppes!!! Despite Nate's protesting, we went in both, and purchased chocolate in both : ) We also hiked around on a nature trail back at the chalet. A few more snowballs were thrown. Nate might have gotten hurt, but I'm sure he deserved it.

We also went to go see the new Harry Potter movie. I liked it. I thought it did a pretty good job at recreating the book, although I must say I haven't read the book in a while, so I could be a little foggy on the details.

We drove back to Minnesota and spent the rest of the week with the Ramquist family. Thanksgiving dinner was tremendous. Turkey, stuffing, salad, broccoli, three kinds of pies, cranberry salad, did I say pie?!! And of course, some delicious Moscato D'Asti. I sure do love Moscato. We played a lot of card games, watched a few movies, lazed around talking, all in all a great week. I have gotten a lot of sleep, feel refreshed and happy.

Nate and I are contemplating buying a car. A Toyota RAV. Someone from my Dad's work is trying to sell one off before they move back to the UK. It's a 2004 with 9300 miles on it. They've priced it at 16.5, and from what we can see it's worth more like 20. Good deal! Only question is do we really need a second car? More and more I am thinking it would be really nice, and the car is so cute : ) I can just see us next summer, trekking up large mountains, bouncing over rough roads with our adorable little SUV. Hmmmmm.... maybe I'm not the best person to make decisions about cars, good thing I've got Nate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always...love reading your posts, Steph. We sure enjoyed having you and Nate. Glad he didn't get hurt at the Zauggs! :)